Here is a list of restoration shops around North America specializing in vintage Jeeps and military vehicles. If you know of ones not on this list please let me know to add them.
The shop list:
- Army Jeep Parts. George Baxter. Levittown, PA. (215) 269-5014 Not only are they my favorite parts supplier, but George has a restoration and repair shop as well. They do work from highly detailed restorations to repairs. www.armyjeepparts.com
- Brian and Carl Cessna. Hanover, PA. From big to small, if it’s OD green Brian and his father work on them all. Email Brian at email@example.com
- Boots Auto Repair. Ed Lapadura. 954 788 7337. Pompano Beach, Fl. Exquisite metal work, highly knowledgeable. Ed is very active on facebook with many pictures of his WW2 Jeep work posted. https://www.facebook.com/Boots-Auto-383826231718764/
- C and D Auto Repair and Restoration. Dustin Wylie. Saluda, NC (828)749-3621 Military and civilian Jeeps as well as other military vehicles. https://www.facebook.com/CD-Auto-Repair-and-Restorations-181763175262030/
- East Coast Vintage Vehicle, Jason Meade. New Brunswick, Canada. +1 506-440-1266 Jeeps and other military vehicles. Parts sales and fabrication. Fantastic sheet metal restoration work. https://eastcoastvintagevehicle.wordpress.com/
- Hanson Mechanical Restorations. Merlin Hanson. Littlestown, PA (just south of Gettysburg). Willys and Kaiser Jeeps and related vehicles. Occasional Aircooled VW Beetles. Contact information and our websites are on the top menu of this blog.
- Henry Welch. Lancaster PA. 717-285-3931 Civilian Willys vehicles, top notch restorations. Also makes parts that are available through Walcks 4wd. http://www.hwwelch.com/
- Jim Lurba. Northern Neck, VA. 804-529-5192 From motorpool to show pieces he can do anything on wheels. He also has a large stock of parts. Jim has been doing this for well over 20 years and is one of the best out there.
- Jimmy Strauss Jeeps. El Dorado County, CA. www.jimmystraussjeeps.com I hear nothing but good things, and his customer service is legendary.
- Mil-Spec. Bob Rabino. Belvidere, NJ. (908)-475-2799 Long standing top restoration shop doing everything from tanks to Jeeps.
- Parke Oehme/ Keens Services. Lititz, PA. (717)-629-5844. parke can work on a wide array of antique vehicles. I have personally seen difficult restoration work he accomplished on a WW2 USMC Holden type ambulance. I cannot recommend him enough.
- Quick Draw Jeep restoration. David and Preston Delight. Huntsville, Utah 84317 (801) 547-3690 These fellows will take your Jeep down to the panels and rebuild from there. Featured in JP Magazine. https://www.facebook.com/Quick-Draw-Jeep-RestorationDavidPreston-Delight-864680780262009/?timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=100007393331275&pnref=lhc
- Raccoon Creek Restorations and Offroad. Georgetown, IN. Military and civilian Jeeps as well as an array of other vintage military vehicles. https://www.facebook.com/Raccoon-Creek-Restorations-Offroad-101749356531031/
- River Ridge 4 by 4. Bryan Burt. Terry, Mississippi. (601) 398-7433 mainly vintage military and civilian Jeeps but he can do other military vehicles. Knowledgeable, thorough, from repairs to restoration to fabrication. https://www.facebook.com/Riverridge4x4/
- Sprouse’s Auto Repair & Service, Inc. John Sprouse, Gainseville TX. (940) 668-0631 If it’s OD Green and it moves he can work on it.
- Taylor’s Tracks. Florida. Mainly tracked and large vehicles. https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryRestorations1/
- Vintage Jeep Specialties. Brad Gates, York. PA. (717) 846-1963 Longstanding shop.
- Willys America Cazadero, CA. 39 years in business, Everything you need to know is right here: http://www.willysamerica.com/index.html
- Willys Restoration. Toledo, Oregon. Everything Willys restored. (541) 336-5869