I have been meaning to do this for quite a while. I receive job requests from all over North America due to our website and instagram account being well known. I then refer those people who contact me to the closest shop.
One thing I love about the vintage Willys and military vehicle community is that all the shops play nice with each other, so I want to make sure those of you with work to be done get to and support your closest restoration shop. (and why pay to ship something a long distance if there is a shop nearby?)
I do not receive any payment for this. So here is a list of restoration shops around the US specializing in vintage Jeeps and military vehicles.
The shop list:
- Army Jeep Parts. George Baxter. Levittown, PA. (215) 269-5014 Not only are they my favorite parts supplier, but George has a restoration and repair shop as well. They do work from highly detailed restorations to repairs. www.armyjeepparts.com
- Brian and Carl Cessna. Hanover, PA. From big to small, if it’s OD green Brian and his father work on them all. Email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boots Auto Repair. Ed Lapadura. 954 788 7337. Pompano Beach, Fl. Exquisite metal work, highly knowledgeable. Ed is very active on facebook with many pictures of his WW2 Jeep work posted. https://www.facebook.com/Boots-Auto-383826231718764/
- C and D Auto Repair and Restoration. Dustin Wylie. Saluda, NC (828)749-3621 Military and civilian Jeeps as well as other military vehicles. https://www.facebook.com/CD-Auto-Repair-and-Restorations-181763175262030/
- East Coast Vintage Vehicle, Jason Meade. New Brunswick, Canada. +1 506-440-1266 Jeeps and other military vehicles. Parts sales and fabrication. Fantastic sheet metal restoration work. https://eastcoastvintagevehicle.wordpress.com/
- Hanson Mechanical Restorations. Merlin Hanson. Finksburg, MD. Willys and Kaiser Jeeps and related vehicles. Aircooled VW Beetles. WW2 Dodge and Dodge M37. Contact information and our websites are on the top menu of this blog.
- Henry Welch. Lancaster PA. 717-285-3931 Civilian Willys vehicles, top notch restorations. Also makes parts that are available through Walcks 4wd. http://www.hwwelch.com/
- Quick Draw Jeep restoration. David and Preston Delight. Huntsville, Utah 84317 (801) 547-3690 These fellows will take your Jeep down to the panels and rebuild from there. Featured in JP Magazine. https://www.facebook.com/Quick-Draw-Jeep-RestorationDavidPreston-Delight-864680780262009/?timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=100007393331275&pnref=lhc
- Jim Lurba. Northern Neck, VA. 804-529-5192 From motorpool to show pieces he can do anything on wheels. He also has a large stock of parts. Jim has been doing this for well over 20 years and is one of the best out there.
- Sprouse’s Auto Repair & Service, Inc. John Sprouse, Gainseville TX. (940) 668-0631 If it’s OD Green and it moves he can work on it.
- Mil-Spec. Bob Rabino. Belvidere, NJ. (908)-475-2799 Long standing top restoration shop doing everything from tanks to Jeeps.
- Raccoon Creek Restorations and Offroad. Georgetown, IN. Military and civilian Jeeps as well as an array of other vintage military vehicles. https://www.facebook.com/Raccoon-Creek-Restorations-Offroad-101749356531031/
- River Ridge 4 by 4. Bryan Burt. Terry, Mississippi. (601) 398-7433 mainly vintage military and civilian Jeeps but he can do other military vehicles. Knowledgeable, thorough, from repairs to restoration to fabrication. https://www.facebook.com/Riverridge4x4/
- Taylor’s Tracks. Florida. Mainly tracked and large vehicles. https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryRestorations1/
- Vintage Jeep Specialties. Brad Gates, York. PA. (717) 846-1963 Longstanding shop.
- Willys America Cazadero, CA. 39 years in business, Everything you need to know is right here: http://www.willysamerica.com/index.html